Book Netball and Magpies Netball star Ashleigh Brazill for guest speaking, events, marketing, influencers, fan experiences and more, in Victoria and around Australia, OR BROWSE OTHER SPORTS STARS
Ash Brazill, as genuine as they come. Brazill is a country kid born and raised in the Southern Highlands of NSW - gifted with freakish sporting talent, and an authenticity about her that’s hard to match.
Australian Diamond #166, Ash Brazill is a weapon on the netball court for Collingwood Magpies netball team, and a shutdown merchant on the field for Collingwood’s AFLW team.
Ash has spent 8 years tearing up the national and international netball court, receiving a host of accolades including national selection, MVP awards and captaincy roles. With a vertical leap of 68cm and lightning speed she’s known for flying on court and taking intercepts. Her grit, tenacity and dedication to team, has seen her widely acknowledged as a players’ player and coach’s dream
Ash is equally comfortable behind a camera as she is in front of one. Photography and videography is where the creative comes out. A self-confessed adrenalin junkie, Ash captures the adventure in her life; the surfing trips, mountain hikes, skiing expeditions - all the downtime from elite sport.
- 2010 selected for the Australian Fast5 team
- 2011 World Netball Series: Australia's best player
- 2015 Captain of West Coast Fever
- Only athlete to play 2 elite national sports at the same time, for the same club: Collingwood Football Club
- Break out AFLW games in 2018
- First footballer to win Rookie of the year after just 5 games
- By the time Ash was 15, she was representing NSW in 4 sports: Touch Football, Basketball, Netball and AFL
- Professional netballer by the age of 19
- Creatively talented which shows through her skill in photography and videography
- Self-confessed adrenalin Junkie
- Proud Australian Italian
- Big on family, which includes her wife Brooke, parents Rose and Grant, brother Jake, Peaches the pig, Picasso the peacock and too many chooks to name
Ash is often described as a trail blazer. A title Ash never fully understood until she was introduced at a luncheon one day as the first openly gay netballer, the first footballer to win Rookie of the year after just 5 games, the first athlete to play two national sporting codes for one club, and the first netballer to have a hashtag trend #justiceforbraz after missing out on a diamonds selection.
Spend 5 minutes with Ash and you’ll get a unique perspective on all things elite sport and what it’s like taking the road less travelled. The challenges, the compromises and the rewards. You’ll walk away feeling genuinely energized by Ash’s engagement, sincere stories and her refreshingly authentic approach.